OPP Graduate Scholarships
The OPP Graduate Scholarships programme offers a range of scholarships, including both partial and full scholarships, to deserving students. The selection committee will make the decision on whether a partial or full scholarship is awarded based on the individual merit and circumstances of each applicant.
The scholarships are offered to students applying for a one-year taught master’s course at the University of Oxford (excluding MBA courses). You can still apply if you are admitted into a course that is longer than one year (e.g., M.Phil and D.Phil). In such cases, the OPP might be able to offer partial support.
The OPP does not normally cover the cost for air travel from Pakistan. However, under exceptional cases and subject to availability of resources, we might be able to offer some travel support.
The following criteria applies to all OPP Graduate Scholarships unless stated otherwise. Find more information about OPP Graduate Scholarships here.(https://oxpakprogramme.org/support-the-opp/)
- Applicants must be Pakistani nationals residing in Pakistan or British Pakistanis;
- They must have an admission offer from one of the eligible graduate courses in the University of Oxford.
- The scholarship is part of the LMH-Pakistan Initiative and recipients must be prepared to shift their college affiliation to Lady Margaret Hall if they are awarded an OPP Scholarship. However, it is important to note that the Tareen Oxford Scholarship has the following characteristics; it is exclusively applicable to full time graduate courses offered at Kellogg College with the exception of MBA and MPP courses. The scholarship is also the first designed to support deserving Pakistani scholars from South Punjab and increase their representation at the University of Oxford
- The OPP Scholarship Committee considers both academic merit and financial need in awarding the scholarship. Some scholarships may have specific preferences, such as for female applicants or students from a particular region. Special preference will be given to applicants for whom the opportunity to study at Oxford is potentially life-changing.
- Applicants must demonstrate their desire to contribute to Pakistan’s development through impactful research and public engagement.
- Applicants who have an admission offer from one of the Oxford’s graduate programmes should fill out and submit the online application by the given deadline.
- The scholarship application portal will open in end of March 2024 and close on 11.59pm GMT on Monday, 22 April 2024.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an online interview by the OPP Scholarship Committee. Decisions will be made before the end of May.
- Due to a large volume of applications, we will not be able to provide feedback on individual applications.
- Interested candidates can apply by filling out and submitting this online application form.